Flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC),Â John Dramani Mahama, has revealed how much cost he had incurred for legal representation in the 2020Â Election Petition.
According to him, his legal team represented him in the Petition Case, free of charge.
He made this revelation in a media encounter few hours after theÂ Election PetitionÂ Verdict.
â€œI also want to put on record that the services rendered to me by my legal team in the election petition was gratis meaning free of charge.â€
In his address to the media, he expressed his gratitude to his witnesses, Asiedu Nketia, Dr. Kpessa-Whyte and Rojo Mettle-Nunoo for â€œunravelling a part of the untold story of the flawed electionâ€ as well as his legal team for their hard work.
â€œWe may not have been successful but your hard work will not go unheralded when the whole story of the 2020 election petition is told,â€ he added.
READ ALSO:Â I disagree with the process of trial and ruling of Supreme Court - Mahama
The lead counsel for John Mahama legal team was LawyerÂ Tsatsu Tsikata.
The Party also assigned nine lawyers as spokespersons on the election petition case.
1. Hon. Marietta Brew Appiah-Oppong Esq. â€“ Former Attorney General and Minister for Justice.
2. Hon. Dr. Dominic Akuritinga Ayine Esq.- MP for Bolgatanga East and former Deputy Attorney General and Minister of Justice.
3. Dr. Abdul Baasit Aziz Bamba Esq. â€“ Member of NDC Legal Team
4. Hon. Alex Segbefia Esq.- Director of International Relations, NDC
5. Abraham Amaliba Esq. â€“ Director Legal, NDC
6. Sammy Gyamfi Esq.- National Communications Officer, NDC
7. Kakra Essamuah Esq.- NDC Communications Director
8. Joyce Bawa Mogtari Esq. â€“ Special Aide and Spokesperson of HEÂ John Dramani Mahama
9. Godwin Edudzi Tamakloe Esq. â€“ Member of NDC legal team
Meanwhile, the seven-member panel of the Supreme Court has unanimously dismissed former President John Mahamaâ€™s application challenging the 2020 election results. According to the Supreme Court, the suit was â€œwithout merit.â€