Prime News Ghana

KNUST student robbed, killed by his friend

By PrimeNewsGhana
facebook sharing button Share
twitter sharing button Tweet
email sharing button Email
sharethis sharing button Share

Police in the Ashanti Region have arrested a suspect Emmanuel Boateng who has confessed to the killing of his friend Nana Gyamfi aged 22, a level-200 student of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST.

According to the Police on "Friday, April 22 at about 0525hrs, Feyiase Police had information that an unknown male adult was lying dead in the bush at Sewua."

They proceeded to Sewua and were accompanied to the scene by Hon Prince Agyekum, the Assemblymember for Sewua, and some traditional leaders where a male adult dressed in red t-shirts and blue jeans trousers identified as Nana Gyamfi aged 22, a level-200 student of KNUST was found lying on his left lateral dead with a pair of sandals lying beside the body.

An inspection conducted on the body revealed a swollen neck and blood oozing from the nostrils. A stick suspected to have been used to hit the deceased was also found about twenty meters away from the body.

Preliminary investigation disclosed that one Emmanuel Boateng, his friend visited him in his house at Esaso-Kwablafo near Esereso and the two later went out but the deceased did not return home until discovered dead in the bush.

The deceased was reported to be holding iPhone 11 Pro. But the said phone was not met at the scene. 

After investigation, the suspect Emmanuel Boateng was subsequently arrested.

On Saturday, April 23 suspect Emmanuel Boateng upon thorough interrogations confessed to the crime and led Police to retrieve the Deceased's iPhone 11pro.

The suspect told Police that he owe the Deceased some money. The Deceased demanded same from him to enable prepare for school.

The suspect claimed he could not raise the money as such he lured the victim to the crime scene with the pretext that the mother had bought a building plot and so he should accompany him to the place and take pictures.

The suspect claims when they got there, he told the decease that he was attending nature's call and asked him to sit and wait for him. Whilst the Deceased sat and was unsuspectingly making a call, the suspect picked a stick, hit him on the neck, and subsequently took the phone and left the place.