Barcelona's turbulent summer doesn't appear to be easing anytime soon after reports emerged that some of the club's directors have threatened to quit over the decision to let Luis Suarez join Atletico Madrid.
The Spanish giants have been in a state of crisis this summer amid the coronavirus crisis crippling their finances while they were left to pick up the pieces following the huge fall-out from the Lionel Messi transfer saga.
Luis Suarez had been given the green light to leave but according to Onda Cero, there has been a significant split in the Barcelona boardroom over the club's choice to allow the experienced striker to join their La Liga rivals.
Several directors have reportedly been left furious by the decision to let him depart without an upfront payment, and they are now considering their futures at Barcelona.
The latest news has emerged after Cadena Ser claimed that Atletico and Barcelona struck an agreement for the Uruguayan striker's transfer despite an earlier impasse.
It has been reported that there is no transfer fee directly involved from the move, but Atletico would have to pay Barcelona £1.8m every time they reach the Champions League while Suarez is at the club.
Since moving to Barcelona from Liverpool in 2014, Suarez has become the club's third highest ever goalscorer - netting a remarkable 197 times in 283 appearances.
On Tuesday, it was reported that Barcelona were attempting to put the brakes on Atletico's move for Suarez by adding their rivals to a list of 'vetoed clubs' he can't join.
Onda Cero reported that Barcelona are trying to add Atletico to a list of 'vetoed clubs' that he can't sign for, alongside rivals Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.
Barcelona had worries about Suarez scoring against them for a direct rival this season.
But Atletico have emerged as the front-runners for Suarez's signature after a move to Juventus fell through.
Suarez flew to Perugia, Italy, last week and passed a dual citizenship test in order to speed up his move to the Serie A giants.
But that deal collapsed and Suarez could now find himself in hot water after claims by Repubblica and Ansa that there were 'irregularities' in the test.
It has been reported that Suarez was sent the questions in advance and passed the Italian language (B1 level) exam having already been told the answers, with an investigation by the Guardia di Finanza now underway.
Repubblica carried quotes from an official on Monday, who said: 'He does not speak a word of Italian. He does not conjugate verbs, he only speaks using the infinitive. If journalists would ask him some questions, he'd be lost. He earns €10million a year, he needs to pass this exam.'
The police are now said to be acquiring documentation from the University of Perugia, where Suarez's test took place, and the player risks heavy legal action by the Public Prosecutor of Perugia.
In a statement from the Prosecutor, it was explained: 'During the investigations delegated since February 2020 to the Economic and Financial Police Unit of the Guardia di Finanza of Perugia, irregularities in the test of certification of the Italian language, carried out on 17 September last, by the Uruguayan footballer Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz.
'From the investigative activities it was found that the exam topics were previously agreed with the candidate and that the relative score was attributed even before the oral test was carried out, although it was found during the distance lessons held by the University teachers an elementary knowledge of the Italian language.
'Today, the soldiers of the Guardia di Finanza are proceeding with documentary acquisitions at the University offices as well as the notification of guarantee information for the crimes of disclosure of office secrets, ideological falsehood committed by the public official in public acts.'