Sydney Lokale: The deadly striker Kotoko need to know as they look likely to play Kariobangi Sharks
Asante Kotoko is likely to lock horns with Kariobangi Sharks and we take a look at Sharks's forward who is likely to torment the Reds defence.
Nineteen-year-old Sydney Lokale came off the bench to score the all-important goal that helped Kariobangi Sharks edge Gor Mahia 1-0 to clinch the 2018/2019 Kenyan Premier League (KPL) Super Cup on Sunday, November 2 at the Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani.
Primenewsghana.com compiles five things Asante Kotoko need to know about the towering forward from Kariobangi Sharks.
1. Lokale was born on September 19, 1999, in Lodwar but was raised in Nakuru where he attended Flamingo Secondary School in Nakuru County. It’s here that his talent was spotted by Nakuru AllStars before he moved to Kariobangi Sharks December last year on a four-year contract.
2. The striker is not only a good dribbler but also quick and strong in the air. He showed that at Kasarani when he swept aside Gor Mahia duo of Ernest Wendo and Joash Onyango with a clever dummy before curling a left-foot shot into the top corner from the edge of the box and he was also on target when Sharks trashed ARTA Solar 6-1 last month.
3. He is highly efficient from the bench. He scored against Gor Mahia barely eight minutes after replacing Fidel Origa, he also came off the bench and scored the fourth goal in Kenya U-23' 5-0 win over Mauritius Under-23 last month. His strike against Sofapaka in the SportPesa Shield final in October also came shortly after being introduced.
4. He made his debut for the Kenya junior teams this year. Firstly as a second-half substitute for Kenya Under-20 in the one-all draw Africa Under-20 Cup of Nations qualifier against Rwanda on April 1 and secondly for Kenya U23 against Mauritius last month.
5. He has set a target of 28 goals in all competitions this season. “I believe I can set a record if I work hard and deliver whenever given a chance,” he said on Sunday.
Sharks beat Arta Solar 7 from Djibouti 6-1 in Nairobi and will travel to Djibouti for the return leg set for Wednesday 5th December.
Kotoko will be facing the Kenyan side if they contain Arta Solar in the return leg.
Read also: VIDEO: Kotoko's likely opponent Kariobangi Sharks shock Gor Mahia to win Super Cup
Latest Sports News Ghana