Philippe Coutinho will not be sold before the close of the summer transfer window, Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group have said.
Sky Sports News understands Liverpool have so far rejected two bids from Barcelona for the Brazil international, with the latest offer worth up to £90.4m.
Coutinho pledged his future to Liverpool in January by signing a new five-and-a-half-year contract, with the deal including no release clause, but Sky Sports News understand he has since indicated he would like to move to the Nou Camp if a deal can be done amicably.
But, in a statement released on the Liverpool website, FSG said: "We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.
"The club's definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes."
Sky Sports News understands Barcelona are prepared to pay up to £110m for Coutinho and pundit Guillem Balague believes the Catalan side will continue their pursuit.
"They will try to come back because they've put a lot of effort into this one" Balague said.
Manager Jurgen Klopp insisted on Wednesday that Liverpool are under no pressure to sell Coutinho and the midfielder is priceless to the club.
Coutinho enjoyed a superb 2016/17 campaign, scoring 13 times and providing seven assists in 31 Premier League appearances as Liverpool finished fourth and secured Champions League qualification.
"Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players. That is set in stone. So what they pay in the end doesn't matter," Klopp told Sky Germany.
"From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go. No price at which we are ready to give in.
"Our goal is to have the best possible team. So we want to keep our guys and add new ones. That is our plan."