Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has finally fulfilled a life-long dream of being elected president of the Republic of Ghana.
Today, at the Black Star Square in Accra, he took the oath of office and is set to lead Ghana for the next four years.
He delivered what has been described as an inspirational speech in which he called for a concerted effort on the part of all Ghanaians to transform the country.
Here are 10 powerful quotes from the speech.
1. I will protect the public purse. We will provide vision and direction.
2. I ask you to be citizens, not spectators: citizens not subjects.
3. It is time to make sure that there is a true separation of powers in our arms of government.
4. I will not let you, the people of Ghana down.
5. The change we have voted for has to start with each individual. I ask you to be responsible citizens.
6. It is time to define what being a Ghanaian ought to mean. Being a Ghanaian must mean you sign up to a definable code of conduct.
7. I shall protect the public purse by insisting on value for money in all transactions.
8. I see exciting times ahead, the rule of law will be the underlining tenet of our governance.
9. We should learn and accept that we do not own the land, but hold in trust for future generations.
10. State coffers are not the spoils for victorious political parties. I promise to protect the public purse.