Managing Editor of the New Crusading Guide newspaper Abdul Malik Kweku Baako has disclosed that the dismissal of Charlotte Osei as EC chairperson was a conspiracy.
According to Kweku Baako, the current happening at the EC was a conspiracy masterminded by the sacked two deputy commissioners - Amadu Sulley and Georgina Amankwa and two others but unfortunately affected EC chair, Charlotte Osei.
President Nana Akufo-Addo on June 28, 2018, removed the Electoral Commissioner Charlotte Osei and her two deputies from office for “misbehaviour and incompetence.”
The removal was based on the recommendation of a committee set up by the Chief Justice Sophia Akuffo to investigate alleged acts of corruption, misconduct and misbehaviour by the three commissioners.
A statement signed by the Minister of Information Mustapha Hamid said the committee "recommended the removal on the basis of stated misbehaviour and incompetence, pursuant to Article 146 (1) of the Constitution."
Speaking on Joy FM's news analysis programme Newsfile, today June 30, 2018, Kweku Baako added that after steadily following proceedings of the committee, he was shocked by the testimony of the lead petitioner, one Ampofo Forson when he met the committee.
Kweku Baako said the lead petitioner Ampofo Forson, who had earlier claimed he is leading the charge based on his personal knowledge of allegations levelled against Charlotte Osei was rather empty on major issues raised in the petition when he met the 5-member committee.
Kweku Baako also reiterated that he is still on the side of the dismissed EC chairperson Charlotte Osei and he is still supporting Charlotte Osei with all his conscience and conviction because the issues emanating from the Electoral Commission is a problem in the institution and not necessarily Charlotte Osei fault.
Listen to Kweku Baako speak on Newsfile