The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) says it has extended the registration closing date of private candidates for the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The initial deadline for the 2023 Nov/Dec registration was August 17 but it has been moved to September 29.
In a statement, the examination body this is enable more students to register for the examination.
“WAEC wishes to inform the general public that the closing date for registration of candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates has been extended to September 29,” it said.
The exams are scheduled to be held between November and December 2023.
How to register for Nov/Dec
1. Visit the Nov/Dec registration portal
2. Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
3. Fill in your personal information.
4. Upload your picture.
5. Upload your signature.
6. Fill in your personal information.
7. Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
8. Select the subject (s) you intend to write about.
9. Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks
10. Pay the appropriate fees at the bank or by visa card ONLINE.
11. You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index number and admission notice from mid-October, 2023.
Applicants have been urged to read the entire manual for registration carefully and comply with the requirements. WAEC has further advised candidates not to make payments to any person other than the designated banks only