The only thing better than being in love is falling in love. Everything feels new, you aren't quite sure if it's really love yet, and you start waiting to see who's finally going to say it out loud first. It's the best. Soak up every sickly sweet minute of it.
1. You talk about things you'll do together in the future, without realizing you're talking about the future. It's not weird to talk about that concert that's in three months or the trip you want to take to the beach this summer around him, because he'll be around to go with you.
2. When you say, "I miss you," it's because you really do miss him after only a day apart. It's not just a cute thing to say, it's a real ache that says he's a part of your life now.
3. You can't remember the last time you thought about your ex. Things with your guy now are so good you can't be bothered with whatever's in the past.
4. Things you usually hate seem OK — and even fun — if you're doing them with him. Riding a roller coaster you're terrified of? Fine, as long as he holds your hand and promises not to laugh at how you scream.
5. You're comfortable with making little sacrifices for him. You wouldn't put off your responsibilities for him, but if he's sick and needs you to help take care of him instead of going to brunch one morning, you're totally cool with that.
6. He's the "something good" you think about when everything else is really rough. Work is driving you crazy, but at least you've got him to cheer you up when you get home.
7. You feel safe when you're around him. It's hard to describe this feeling, but it really is the best thing in the world. Like nothing bad can happen.
8. You're comfortable enough around him to make bad jokes and be your fully weird self. You might've been trying to impress him before, but now you're cool to hum around the kitchen and wear your pants tucked into your socks when he comes over.
9. You keep seeing things out in public that you know he'd love. Stuff you used to walk by every day suddenly has David's name all over it.
10. He's your person. When something really good or really bad happens, he's who you go to first.
11. You're not worried about "scaring him off." You're comfortable enough to cry in front of him or show him huge, slightly embarrassing collection of Beanie Babies (that you swear could be worth a fortune one day) because you feel secure that he's not going anywhere at the drop of a hat.
12. Little things, like going to the grocery store, are better when he's around. A walk down the cereal aisle can be a very romantic date if you're with the right person.
13. He annoys the hell out of you, but you still want to be around him. "I love you, but I don't like you right now," is something you're almost ready to say.
14. You don't freak out if he doesn't text back right away. All that "does he like me back" anxiety is gone, and you finally have enough chill to be OK with his slow texting.
15. When he's sad, you're genuinely sad too. You feel his pain and he feels yours.
16. You're actually entertained by his cute AF childhood photos. And you actually like listening to his long, rambly stories. Just hanging out and talking about anything is fun.
17. You'd rather stay in and do nothing with him than go out. "Started staying in and going out less" is your new mantra, and it's totally OK with you.
18. You want to show him all of your favorite things. Not because you want them to be his favorite things too, but because you want him to know you better than anyone else.
19. You want to do things you've already done again so he can be there with you this time. Time to take a return trip to the Grand Canyon so you can kiss while the sun goes down and not care how cute or gross you look — you're in love, dammit! And you don't care who knows.