About 60% of our bodies are made up of water, so it makes sense that we feel better when we’re consuming enough of it.
Here are 5 reasons why water plays a vital role in keeping our bodies healthy, happy and hydrated.
- Lean & Mean: Help cut calories by hydrating with zero-calorie water, instead of sugary beverages.
- Feed Your Body: Staying hydrated allows our bodies to function at full speed. By drinking a healthy amount of filtered water each day, we allow our system to flush out bacteria, keeping our organs functioning properly, removing waste, moistening joints and tissues and maintaining muscle tone.
- Strong Skin: Your skin contains a lot of water and dehydration can cause it to look dry and wrinkled. When skin is hydrated it is more plump and elastic, locking in moisture while making cracking, wrinkles and skin irritations less likely.
- Keep Your Head in the Game: One of the causes for headaches and migraines is dehydration. Studies show that drinking water can help to ease the pain of headache and migraine symptoms, and prevent them from happening in the future.
- Feel the Burn: When we are dehydrated our bodies react by feeling week, tired and dizzy. Water helps to balance our electrolytes, increasing athletic performance and allowing us to push harder, increase our endurance and perform better.
Not Drinking Enough Water? Here Are A Few Hacks To Keep You Hydrated:
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you as a reminder to get your daily intake of H2O
- Make H2O a part of your morning routine by keeping a fresh glass of water on your bedside table each night
- Eat your water by integrating fruits and veggies that contain water, like cucumbers, watermelon and celery into your daily diet