The month of October, also as known as Pink October, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Every October is dedicated to creating and increasing awareness of breast cancer.
Here are some facts about breast cancer you should know:
1. The precise cause of breast cancer is unknown.
2. It mostly affects women but can affect men too.
3. The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are being female and ageing.
4. Women who get regularly screened for breast cancer have a 47% lower risk of dying from the disease compared to those who don’t.
5. A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000.
6. Sucking breasts does not prevent breast cancer but reduces risks.
7. Eating a diet high in fats and consuming excessive alcohol will increase the risk of breast cancer.
8. Wearing a bra does not cause breast cancer.
9. Breast cancer can be treated but can't be cured.
10. Victims of breast cancer are not going to die upon diagnosis.