Plantain pancakes (Tatale) are popularly made from over-ripened plantain in many spices in Ghana.Â
Itâ€™s usually served with Bambara nuts or beans.Â
Here is a simple way to make your homemade 'Tataleâ€™.
- 6-over ripe plantains
- 1 cup ground rice /flour/ corn dough
- Half cup water
- 3 small onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup palm-oilÂ
This will be enough for about 5 people
- Wash and peel the plantain
- Pound until itâ€™s free from lumps
- Put the plantain into a bowl and add the ground rice or corn dough or flour. (I personally prefer to use flour.)
- Grind the onions and pepper together.Â
- Add to the mixture and season to taste.
- Add a little palm oil to the mixture
- Add the water and mix well
- Allow standing for half an hour
- Fry in spoonfuls in a shallow pan with a little hot oil at a time.
Serve hot with beans.