PrimeNewsGhana

Alleged Jubilee House takeover : Supt. Toobu's lawyer denies BNI invite

By Mutala Yakubu
Peter Toobu Lanchene
Peter Toobu Lanchene

Lawyer for former Executive Secretary at the office of the IGP, Superintendent Peter Lanchene Tuubo has denied reports that his client was invited by the BNI in connection with the alleged Jubilee House takeover.

Media reports on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, suggested that the now Wa West parliamentary candidate of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) had been invited by the BNI.

READ ALSO: Alleged Jubilee House takeover: BNI invites Ex-IGP’s former Executive Secretary for questioning

His lawyer Abraham Amaliba says they are yet to receive an invitation from any of the security agencies investigating the matter.

“Mr. Tuubo has not been invited by the BNI with relation to any alleged coup plot. He has not indicated to us that the BNI have reached him on any matter. Mr. Tuubo as at yesterday mentioned that that platform has some people on it as well as himself. However, there hasn’t been any discussion on coup on the platform according to him,” Amaliba told Francis Abban on the Morning Starr Wednesday.

Two other top police officers ACP Dr. Benjamin Agordzor, and COP Kofi Boakye have both been invited by the BNI.

Dr. Agordzor has been charged with treason and is set to appear in court today.

He will be arraigned before the Kaneshie district court.

Lawyer for Dr. Agordzor Martin Kpebu and his family were denied access to him, he has also since embarked on a hunger strike.

READ ALSO: Alleged Jubilee House takeover: ACP Agordzor on hunger strike, faces court today

Already, some nine persons including Dr. Frederick Yao Mac-Palm, who’s believed to be the lead mastermind, have been charged for treason felony and are standing trial.