The National Disaster Management Organisation, NADMO has transported three trucks of relief items to the Upper East Region.
The items are to aid displaced residents of 10 districts in the region. 28 persons have so far been confirmed dead after days of flooding in the region.
Several persons were also displaced due to the torrential rains. Reports indicate that the affected areas include Kasina Nankana East and South, Builsa South, Bawku, Garu Timpane among others.
Residents have fled from these areas to join their relatives in nearby communities. Several farms have also been submerged by the rains.
READ ALSO : U/E floods : Scores confirmed dead
PRO for NADMO, Goerge Ayisi who earlier spoke to Citi FM said, "We are working around the clock as at now we don't have stock at the regional secretariat, we have sent a request to Accra and hopefully very soon positive response will come..."
Upper East Regional Director of NADMO, Jerry Asamane who on Monday confirmed the number of deaths and casualties said, “Per the reports, we have as at now, 27 deaths have been recorded, 19 injured and a little over 1000 people have been displaced as a result of the rains''.
The casualties notwithstanding, he said: “there are many who never want to move from ancestral homes. NADMO cannot force such people to leave their homes after we issue warnings of possible floods”.
Emergency services have reportedly asked residents to move to higher grounds in order to avoid being swept by the floods.