Did you know there are several benefits to drinking water?
We all know we should be drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily but itâ€™s something we struggle to do.
It may not be a very exciting experience to be gulping down the colourless, odourless and tasteless liquid but for a better life span, we must drink a lot of water as a daily routine.
Â Here are some benefits of drinking enough water to keep your body hydrated.
- To replace the water you lose throughout the day â€“ around 60% of your body is made up of water and you need to maintain this balance to function well. You lose water through sweating, going to the toilet, and breathing so has to replace your stores by drinking.
- It increases brain power and concentration â€“ studies suggest dehydration can cause your brain cells to shrink slightly making it harder to concentrate and leaving you feeling irritable.
- To help beat tiredness â€“ dehydration can cause you to feel tired. Instead of drinking sugary drinks which will cause an energy slump later, water should help to perk you up.
- It could help with weight loss â€“ drinking a glass of water before a meal can fill you up a little and you may eat less as a result
- To flush out toxins â€“ Water consumption helps your body flush out waste through sweat and urination.
- It improves your complexion â€“ dehydration can make your skin dry, tight, and flaky. Drinking water is great for your skin. It helps to moisturize it, keep it soft, and removes wrinkles.
- To help prevent headaches â€“ headaches are one of the most common symptoms of dehydration. It can cause the brain to temporarily shrink from fluid loss. The brain then pulls away from the skull, resulting in pain and a dehydration headache.
- For fresh breath â€“ Drinking a sufficient amount of water washes away leftover food particles and oral bacteria that lead to bad breath.
- It can improve your mood â€“ your body works better when properly hydrated. This can make you feel better about yourself and put you in a good mood.
There are plenty of good reasons to make drinking more water a worthwhile habit to learn.