It is good to have a salad for your breakfast, lunch, or supper to break the old feeding habit. Salads also enable you to consume the right quantity of fresh vegetables and fruits for the day.
Salads can be served as a main course or a side dish or a dessert.
Salad as a side dish is normally made from various fruits. It usually goes with or without whipped cream dressings.
Salad as a dessert is usually made from various fruits. It goes with or without a salad dressing. it depends on your preference.
2 ripe bananas
2 ripe oranges
2 ripe mangoes
A quarter section of a pawpaw
A quarter section of a pineapple
- Wash all fruits carefully before peeling
- Cut up each fruit into neat even cubes
- With a metal spoon, stir all the fruits until thereâ€™s an even mixture. Or just arrange fruits in layers in a glass dish.
- Juice orange and add to the salad (or prepare sugar syrup and add to the salad)
- Leave to chill before serving. It May be served with milk or cream at the table.
NB: The milk or cream shouldnâ€™t be added beforehand. It should be added to the table by individual diners.
This is because the acid in the fruits tends to curdle the milk and produce a very unattractive appearance.Â