Hearts of Oak have confirmed that FIFA has lifted the club’s registration ban following the full settlement of their dispute with former technical director Rene Hiddink.
The Phobians announced on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, that FIFA had formally communicated the closure of the case after the outstanding amount owed to the Dutch tactician was settled.
Hiddink had previously secured a favourable ruling from FIFA after Hearts terminated his three-year contract prematurely without paying the remaining amount due.
FIFA subsequently ordered the Ghanaian club to pay Hiddink $150,000 and imposed a registration ban on Hearts until the matter was resolved.
Following the ruling, Hearts contacted Hiddink’s representatives to explore a settlement. However, his legal representative, David Winnie, told Akoma FM that Hiddink declined the approach, insisting that the club should comply with FIFA’s decision.
“The only thing Rene is interested in now is being paid the remaining sum on his contract as ordered by FIFA,” Winnie said.
Hearts have now confirmed that the full amount has been paid and that Hiddink has acknowledged receipt, bringing the dispute to an end.
“The Club is pleased that the matter has now been brought to a conclusion and wishes to reaffirm that it acted in good faith throughout the process, with the objective of reaching a responsible and amicable resolution,” Hearts said in a statement.
