It is a common thing these days to be so attached to our mobile phones that it affects how we relate with people in our lives.
The mobile phone is a great invention. It has many advantages but it has some disadvantages too.
Here are some tips on how to use your phone when in a gathering:
- Try as much as possible not to use your phone when in a social gathering
- Do not make calls in inappropriate places (restroom/kitchen)
- Always think about what your phone says about you (ensure to put your phone on silent/vibration mode when in a gathering).
- Ensure your phone conversations do not disturb others. (Donâ€™t put your calls on loudspeaker when itâ€™s not needed).
- During physical conversations, donâ€™t put your phone on the dining table.
- Make sure you look through the eyes of the people youâ€™re having the meeting with. (No usage of the phone)
- Turn off mobile phones when in a meeting
- If waiting for a call explain at the beginning of the gathering/meeting.
- Avoid having phone conversations in front of your friends during a meeting (itâ€™s the height of bad manners)