Learning how to prepare okro stew is simple and straightforward. Check this post for detailed steps.
Okro stew is a delicious Ghanaian dish served with Banku. In Ghana, it is a popular dish of the Ewe tribe and others.
Here's how to prepare it.
1 pound Okro sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 Tomatoes, diced
4 slices of bacon
½ cup palm oil
Pinch of salt and black pepper for taste
1. Pour ½ cup palm oil. Add the bacon. Fry evenly until it turns crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
2. Place the chopped onions in the pan. Stir until they turn soft for about 2 minutes.
3. Place the diced tomatoes in the pan. Stir evenly until a thick paste begins to form.
4. Add the okro to the pan. Continue to stir evenly until a paste is formed.
5. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve hot with banku or any other food of your preference.
READ ALSO: 8 foods that can boost your sex drive