Are you a lover of boiled yam? Many people do not like it when yam is boiled but when fried itâ€™s okay.
Yam porridge, known locally as â€˜mpotompotoâ€™ is one of the best ways to enjoy boiled yam.
Here are some easy steps to help you prepare yam porridge easily.
- A tuber of yam
- Palm oil
- Red pepper
- Green Pepper
- Wash and peel off yam
- Slice into small sizes
- Wash and cut your vegetables into smaller sizes
- Get a medium-sized saucepan
- Put your sliced yam into the pan
- Add a reasonable amount of water
- Add palm oil
- Add onions (sliced or grounded)
- Add your tuna/salmon and dawadawa
- Stir gently
- Leave to boil for about 20mins
- Add your remaining vegetables -- carrot, green pepper, red pepper etc (thatâ€™s if you donâ€™t want them to be too soft but if want them to be soft, add a few minutes after yam starts to boil if you like them soft)
- Stir again so the veggies mix well with the porridge
- Leave for 3-5mins
Best served hot for lunch or dinner