Doctors in the country are threatening to stall healthcare delivery with industrial action if government fails to abide fully by their conditions of service within the next 6 months.
Vice President of the Ghana Medical Association, Frank Serebour says the primary issue in contention is the payment of market premium as percentage of salary, in line with a ruling by the National Labor Commission.
The Association over the weekend held its 59th Annual General Conference at the Golden Tulip Kumasi City to among others elect new executives.
A resolution issued at the end of the conference lamented the refusal of government to meet its part of the bargain after the conclusion of negotiations on their service conditions.
- Dr Frank Ankobea - President
- Dr Frank Serebour - Vice President
- Dr Justice Yankson - General Secretary
- Dr Titus Beyuo - Assistant General Secretary
- Mary Amoakoh-Coleman - Treasure
- Dr Elizabeth Esi Crentsil - Executive member
- Dr Edward Frempong Boateng - Executive member