Acting National Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP),Freddie Blay, has been appointed the new Board Chairman of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC).
In a letter received by GNPC on Thursday, 11 May, the Chief of Staff Akosua Frema Opare, named six other individuals as board members:
The individuals who form the new board are:
1. Mr Freddie Blay – Chairman
2. Dr KK Sarpong – Managing Director
3. Mr Kwabena Kwakye – Member
4. Prof J.S. Nabila – Member
5. Mr Yaw Kyei – Member
6. Nana Adjoa Hackman – Member
7. Ogyeahohoo Yaw Gyebi II – Member
The seven-member Board under leadership of Mr. Blay, is expected to see to the effective running of the state oil firm and make it more profitable.