Ghanaian actress and film producer, Yvonne Nelson had a scare, as her flight from New York to Ghana caught fire on Monday, October,1,2018.
The takeoff of Delta Flight 420 from John F. Kennedy International Airport to Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana, was aborted due to an “airspeed indication issue,” according to Delta spokesman Adrian Gee.
Upon landing, the brakes on the Boeing 767 overheated which sparked the fire.
READ ALSO: My baby daddy and I are still together - Yvonne Nelson reacts to rumours
Flames can be seen in the video posted by Yvonne Nelson on social media as firefighters attend to the situation. The 205 passengers from the United States of America to Ghana were evacuated.
Yvonne Nelson who was onboard took to her Instagram page asking the Delta Airline to sit up. She wrote: “My flight! So this happened to us! Thank you Jesus🙏🏽 #Deltapleasesitup”
The airline provided hotel accommodations and meal vouchers to travelers who are expected to fly out Tuesday night.
“Delta apologizes to our customers onboard Flight 420 for delaying their travel,” Gee said in a statement. “We are working to get customers to their destination as soon as possible.”
Entertainment news on Prime News Ghana