Sweaty palms are perhaps the most irritating thing ever for a lot of young people.
You are set to meet someone for the first time, and all of a sudden your palms turn into a mobile fountain. Like how do you even give out that handshake? It’s an embarrassing situation to face.
Sweaty palms are also called hyperhidrosis. It is another (medical) name for sweating on the palm.
What causes it? Several factors, chief among which you have stress and anxiety. It’s been proven that undergoing high levels of stress or involving oneself in stressful activities can cause sweaty palm. Also facing anxiety and fear can do the same, but that’s not all.
There have been researched results that suggest that it is also genetic. If it runs in the family, then there’s a high chance you will suffer it, even if you don’t, your kids may. So how can one stop or at least, manage the condition?
1. Use specialised hand antiperspirant.
2. Keep alcohol hand wipes handy for a quick fix.
3. Use baby powder or cornstarch to absorb palm sweat.
4. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and keep your body cool.
5. Avoid sweat-inducing foods like caffeine, alcohol, red meat and spicy snacks.6. Eat vitamin-rich foods that promote balance and healthy digestion.
7. Try home remedies such as sage tea soaks, rose water, or coconut oil.
For more lifestyle news visit primenewsghana.com