Although the most important aspect of a wedding is for the couple to be married at the end of the day, Kente style is the best choice for their engagement and the whole ensemble and gracefulness of both brides makes the occasion.
Women from all over the world are figuring out ways to perfect their makeup skills and come up with ways to apply makeup easier and faster. These are not the usual things everyone knows, but these 6 makeup tips will simplify and improve your makeup routine.
As we age, unfortunately, our breasts age with us. But not just with time, pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight fluctuations can also force our breasts to surrender to gravity, leaving them saggier and less perky than before.
Fried Rice is one of the easiest dishes to prepare in Ghana. No wonder it is one of the most lucrative foods to sell in the country; when you think of fast foods in Ghana, Fried rice is the first that comes to mind.
The beautiful actress, Felicity Ama Agyemang, popularly known as Nana Ama Mcbrown, is not only noted for her intriguing talent but her style. Here are some flawless outfits that look nothing like age 44.
A food fanatic once said, "One of the nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating". If you must devote some attention then the Ghanaian delicacy, Banku and Okro stew, is definitely worth the time.
For quite a long time, men have pondered what the key to living longer is, with a significant number of us trusting we can achieve the present normal future of 76 years of age—which is around five years short of what it is for a lady.
Female Viagra is the first drug to treat lack of sexual desire in women. This drug which also called flibanserin is intended to aid in the treatment of women’s condition called hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) normally characterized by a lagging libido.
Stretch marks, also called striae, happen when your skin changes shape rapidly due to growth or weight gain. They aren’t a sign that anything is wrong with your health. Both men and women can get stretch marks. Pregnancy and puberty are the two most common times in life to get stretch marks.
At first, a stretch mark will appear as a thin red or purple line on your skin that takes on a different texture than the surrounding skin layer. Eventually, most stretch marks fade and take on a white or almost translucent coloring.
Getting rid of stretch marks in a completely natural way isn’t likely. They are a type of scarring and rarely fade enough to become invisible. However, there are some remedies that can help minimize appearance of stretch marks and help them to fade more quickly.
1. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is referred to as a retinoid. Retinoids make skin appear more smooth and youthful. They are used in many over-the-counter topical cosmetic creams. Simply using a topical extract of vitamin A, or taking vitamin A orally, can contribute to your skin’s health and overall appearance. One study in particular identified retinoids as helping the appearance of stretch marks. A diet rich in certain foods, such as carrots and sweet potatoes, might also help you increase your vitamin A levels.
Some people swear by sugar as a homeopathic microdermabrasion method. Microdermabrasion performed by a dermatologist is one of the few clinically proven methods to make stretch marks fade. So this home remedy seems worth a try. Rubbing a sugar scrub on the skin will exfoliate the area.
Mix one cup sugar with 1/4 cup of a softening agent, like almond oil or coconut oil, before mixing to the consistency of wet beach sand. Add some lemon juice. Scrub the mixture on the part of your body where the stretch marks are. Repeat several times a week while in the shower, making sure to rub the mixture on for 8-10 minutes.
3. Aloe vera
While little clinical evidence exists for aloe vera as a stretch mark cure, it makes sense. Pure aloe vera is both a natural healing agent and a skin softener. This makes it an ideal home remedy to try for stretch marks. Apply pure aloe vera from a plant to your stretch marks daily after your shower.
4. Hyaluronic acid
Collagen is the protein in your skin that allows it to keep its shape and appear healthy. As we age, collagen decreases in our face and our bodies. Collagen production can be stimulated with hyaluronic acid, an extract available in health food stores and online. Hyaluronic acid can be absorbed by consuming a commercially available capsule or extract.
5. Coconut oil
Since stretch marks are scarring from skin damage, coconut oil might help heal the appearance quickly. Coconut oil has been studied for its healing properties and found to reduce the time it takes for skin wounds to heal. Applying virgin coconut oil to your stretch marks each day might take away some of their red appearance.
Broken Heart - Heartbreak hurts and that's not something strange unless you never loved. It is common and there is always a possibility that you get heartbroken in your relationship; it is not guaranteed that your relationship will flourish healthily till the end. However, here are some of the ways you can use to lower the pain or get rid of it faster.
Crying is a healthy way you can explore to express your feelings. With heartbreak, you may feel the urge to cry so let it out. Find a lonely place or with a friend and just let the cry come out, let your tears out. This will make you feel better.
Find a place to be alone and think of yourself and your next moves (be wise). Avoid the negative thoughts like blaming yourself for what happened. Think of the positive things too to help you regain back your worth. Think about your life and look for ways to avoid those negative thoughts.
Examine your relationship
Take your mind back to the relationship and think of what went wrong that made you break up. Think of what you and your partner disliked in the relationship and what you would want in your next relationship. These can make you grow as a person and find you a great relationship when you decide to get into one.
Talk to someone
Find someone you can express your problems to and find advice. This can be a close relative and close friend. Release the bad feeling out of you and let it be known to the person. You never know what advice you can get from there or maybe a shoulder to lean on.
Think positive about yourself
Accept the reality and now major on the positive side of yourself. Not everybody is perfect and not every relationship ends well. Always think positive of yourself despite how hard it may be. This will aid you in regaining back your sense of worth and self-recognition. You are not the first person to be heartbroken.
There are many ways of handling loneliness when one’s loved one is a not around. Couples who are used to being with one another often feel some kind of emptiness when one partner goes away for a while.
Men and women cope with this feeling in different ways, depending on factors like the length of the stay, the intensity of the emptiness and relationship with their partner. Women have many ways of dealing with loneliness while their partners are away.
These includes but is not limited to;
Sleeping with other men;
Although not all women look for their partners' substitutes while they are away, a good number gives the thought some space. The ‘other man’ knows his position in the arrangement and will often fade away when the hubby comes back. This other man substitutes for the main man until he comes back, with no obligation whatsoever to look after the woman.
An exercise of whatever kind aimed at whatever reason is energy draining. It is easy for one to stop thinking about their partners if they engage in such an activity. The results from this are rewarding since it occupies both the body and the mind. It also leads to one having a deep sleep in which they won’t be missing their partners, obviously.
Sleeping with other women;
The society has always judge men who spend time at other men’s houses harshly. People often find it harmless and almost cute if women spend time together, no matter how close they appear. In this age where bisexuality can no longer be ignored, it is right to say that such ‘girl time’ no longer involves gossiping and talking about boys.
This has been frowned upon with many terming it as a sexual disorder. Self-stimulation or masturbation which is also christened as self-love is when an individual derives sexual satisfaction by pleasuring themselves. Women who are left alone may fill the void of their gone partners and indulge in this act.
While calling or chatting with a person who is miles away does not equate to being with them physically, women find it relaxing when they talk to their partners as many times as they can. Known to be emotionally attached than their counterparts, women prefer spending hours on phone with their partners than receiving brief texts. It gives them a secure feeling, one that tells them they are not alone.
With technology, so many fields have improved and the field of intimacy and sexual activities were not left behind. There are so many sex toys on the market for both genders that come with different services. It is not unusual then to find a woman whose partner travels a lot in possession of such an invention stashed away for lonely times.
Fluffy pillows and teddy bears;
However unlikely it sounds, there are women who get a nice night’s sleep if they wrap their arms around a soft pillow in the absence of their partners. Instead of staying awake all night and wondering when their partner is getting back, these women find solace just by hugging the soft stuff in their beds and falling asleep comfortably.
Men for ages have been known to have a collection of pornographic material that they save for themselves for special times. Women have silently joined in and seeing there is a lot of material available, they have kept their collection too. This material comes in handy when their partners are away.
While these activities do not apply to all women, most have confessed to having several from the list at one time or another. But like we said, everyone, deals with the lonely feeling in different ways depending on the situation.
Think back on the breakups in your life. Pretty intense, right? Whichever side you were on, dumper or dumpee, it was probably grim and emotional.
Everybody reacts differently to a breakup. Moreover, experts say men and women tend to handle splits in distinctly different ways.
We enlisted psychologists and breakup experts to explain the compulsions men and women experience after such a split. The list on the left explains how men and women take different paths following a breakup.
Read them to ensure smooth sailing after the relationship reaches its end.
1 Day After Dump-Day
Protest Stage: "At this point, emotions range from despair to rage to intense love and hatred," says Helen Fisher, Ph.D., a professor of anthropology at Rutgers University.
He: Picks a Fight
A University of Illinois study found that men are more likely to funnel negative emotions into physical aggression. So you're more likely to punch a wall or a jerk at the bar. Hit the gym instead; cardio and resistance training reduce anger, fatigue, and tension.
She: Cries Her Eyes Out
Women cry five times as often as men do, and 85 percent of women say they feel better after weeping. If you swung the ax, don't let her tears melt your resolve. If she ended it, her crying doesn't mean she's having second thoughts.
1 Week After D-Day Obsession Stage: An MRI study conducted by Fisher and her colleagues found that the recently dumped show elevated activity in several brain regions, including those that control obsessive thinking, anger suppression, and output of dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with risk taking.
Men exhibit "verbal nonfluencies" ("uh...um...") if they talk about the break, according to research by David Sbarra, Ph.D., a psychologist at the University of Arizona. Don't dwell. Join a hoops league, or hit the road with a pal. "Men recover by doing things with peers, not by talking it out," says Fisher.
Women settle in with friends. "They rely on close social networks to talk about their breakups," says Fisher. All your secrets are punchlines, your flaws fatal, and your sexual prowess panned. This is how her friends see you now. Brace yourself for their slicing glares and icy shoulders.
1 Month After D-Day
"Worst-is-Over" Stage: Researchers at the University of Virginia studied people 1 month after a split, and found that the recently dumped were as happy as those still in relationships.
He: Drunk-Dials His Ex
Most breakup sufferers pursue their exes at least once, says a University of Nebraska study. Instead, vent in a journal—but keep it to yourself. "Our studies show you'll always feel worse after making contact with your ex," says Sbarra.
She: Blames Herself
Even if she called it off, she's likely to blame herself for a breakup, says Melanie Greenberg, Ph.D., a psychologist at Alliant International University. This, coupled with loneliness, makes her miss you. Keep your distance. Play "friend" too soon, and you risk prolonging her pain and yours.
6 Months After D-Day
Acceptance Stage: "You'll know you've reached acceptance when you wake up one morning and realize that you've gone a whole week—or longer—without thinking of your ex," says Fisher.
He: Asks Out a Coworker
Men achieve emotional calm a year before women. "After 6 months, you'll start returning to a state of equilibrium," says David Wexler, Ph.D., a psychologist and founder of the Relationship Training Institute. You're ready to swan dive back into the dating pool.
She: Seeks Closure
"Women stress this fuzzy concept of closure," says Caroline Tiger, author of How to Behave: Dating and Sex. "It may mean telling you 'I never loved you,' or showing you she's better off without you." Either way, kill her ploy with kindness. Wish her well.
So you've been together a while and want to do something special with your significant other to celebrate your love on Val's day, but are short on ideas. We've got you covered with our list of the most romantic things to do on Valentine's Day, from super-sweet gestures to fun suggestions for unconventional couples.
We live in an era of multi- national companies and corporation. Gone are those days when only men used to work at such places. We have come a long way. Both men and women work for hand- in- hand these days. Impressing a woman at the workplace is quite a challenge in itself.
Unsuccessful People- Even the most determined and motivated entrepreneurs will come up with excuses as to why he or she cannot do something. Obstacles arise and then self-doubt enters the mind -- making an excuse is the easy way out.
Pleasing your woman is an art; one that you should always be working to grow and evolve, you may have a few key sex moves down that are standout hits and do the trick to get her going but anything that becomes routine tends to lose its edge pretty quickly.
If you've found the girl of your dreams, it's perfectly natural that you may be worried about losing her. But don't sweat it -- with a little bit of honesty and communication, you'll be able to keep your girl by your side. Just make sure that you remember to make her feel special and that you are able to spend a lot of quality time with her and give her space.
1. If you believe that your girlfriend is Ms’ Right, then she should be your number one life priority: you should care for her as you care for yourself. If your girlfriend is indeed Ms’ Right, she'll do the same for you.
2. Be honest. Do all that you ever can to never lie to your girl, and if you do, own up to it immediately? If you truly love someone, you cannot hide a lie; you will feel terribly guilty, and when (not if) she finds out, everything you have ever told her is called into question---even "I love you."
3. Communicate. You have to respect her thoughts, always listen to what she says. Listen to her, girls don't like it when guys don't listen.
4. Respect her through listening and show her how much you care for her.
5. Work out your problems. In real relationships saying sorry is the first step of many. It will not solve the problem alone-you need to talk to solve it, but it will help open the doors of communication.
6. If she makes you really angry or has said something that could tempt her behaviour, show that you are hurt. She should respect you and understand your emotions and not act irrational.
7. Always try to make her feel like she's special. Women love to feel special.
8. Never, under any circumstances, make your Facebook status about another girl. Some girls get jealous others might assume that you are cheating.
9. Have a life outside of hers otherwise, you'll get clingy which only pushes her away, even if she is Ms’ Right. But never do whatever you like or whenever you like and forget the fact that your relationship also needs time.
10. If you haven´t spent a lot of time with her lately, but there's a game or a movie you want to go alone or with your friends, ask her if she doesn't mind. The lack of time you spend together just makes her feel like if you don´t even care anymore. After all, if you don't show to her that her opinion is important to you, that she is important and you're willing to spend time with her no matter what, how do you expect her to fill loved and respected? And if you haven´t had the time or opportunity to be together, tell her how special she is to you, how much you miss her, and try to make plans even though there is still one week missing. That will only show her how much you want to be with her. On the other hand, if she tries to make plans and you can´t, make sure that she understands why you can´t and realize that even if she wants it or not she will be sad, she misses you, so why not let her know that you feel the same and that you love her?
It’s a fact that losing their virginity is causing fear and anxiety to all the girls that are contemplating going forward with it. It’s somehow set in our minds that this will inevitably be something unpleasant and painful, no matter how and with whom we do it. It’s like everyone expects unease, pain, extensive bleeding and even tears, and is very fearful of that moment. This doesn’t make it any easier to do. So many girls are psyching themselves out and listening to horror stories from their more experienced girl-friends which only make them more stressed out. At the same time, not many of those girls actually know what is really going down when having sex for the first time. So, the first step most definitely needs to be:
1. Get Informed about Your Anatomy It’s important to know exactly what’s going on to be more comfortable. If you know about the things that are going down you’ll be less anxious and worried. So, first off – the hymen. No, it’s not this bulletproof, very tough to tear, a barrier that’s going to put up a massive fight and cause you immeasurable pain. In fact, any pain you might feel during your first intercourse is more likely linked with other things and not breaking your hymen. But, we’ll get to that later. So what is the hymen then? It’s just a membrane that covers a part of your vaginal entrance. It even has a hole in it that allows blood to flow out during your period. And, it’s possible it’s already been broken due to playing sports, bike riding, masturbating, tampon inserting etc. If it remained whole, however, breaking it when losing your virginity usually causes mild pain and little to no bleeding. (P.S. bleeding a lot is okay as well, it varies from girl to girl and is no reason to get scared) The thing that can cause you the most pain isn’t even triggered by the act itself – its fear and tension. So, the next step would be:
2. Don’t Go Through with It if You’re Not Ready and Not Comfortable with Your Partner Only if you’re ready and feel respected and safe with your partner will you be able to relieve yourself some of the tension and anxiety about losing your virginity! The thing is, while breaking the hymen doesn’t usually cause that much pain tense vaginal muscles do. If you’re stressed out, scared and uncomfortable, not to mention if you’re not sure you want to go through with it you’ll be tense. And that tension will translate directly to your muscles – even the ones inside your genitals. If these muscles spasm in tension it will make your first love-making much more uncomfortable than it needs to be. So, the way to losing your virginity with as little pain as possible is actually being ready to do it, feeling comfortable and ready!
3. Foreplaythen a Bit More and then Sex
Foreplay is important because it will make you loosen up and get more into it. The more of it the better ’cause your vagina will produce more fluids and it will all be more oiled up, so to speak. When it comes to sex in general – the wetter you are the better. When it comes to losing your virginity – being wet is essential! This is why it’s also recommended to use some water-based lubricant if you’re unable to get there naturally. It will definitely make the process a lot easier!
4. Go Easy
The most important thing is to have a partner who is understanding and takes it easy to relieve you as much pain as possible! That will make everything so much more comfortable and pleasant. For starters, forget about thrusting! At the beginning, you have to be the one that determines the amount of pressure you can take and what speed works for you. So, the solution is to have great communication with your partner and be really vocal and in touch with what it is you’re feeling. Also, even though it might seem more natural to go through with everything in the missionary position for the first time it might not be the best choice. Think about trying a position where you’re in charge, like a girl on top. It’s okay you don’t really know what you’re doing and you’re inexperienced – it’s not about that. You’ll get there, but first, you’ll have to lose your virginity, and that’s the way to do it easy and basically pain-free.
This story might just make you CRY... Literally. This story is saddening, saddening because the lady in question may or may not be able to conceive again. Saddening because some men are truly scum and also because a lover was not only fooled but a close friend was used to fill the gap. Life! More.
2018 is finally here with us and we are blessed to still be alive to see this day. As men, the new year comes with new opportunities and other great challenges that will need extra strength and stamina to overcome.